Mission, Vision, & Values
Our mission is to provide holistic referral services with an emphasis on equality and liberation. Our organization is committed to eradicating homophobia, transphobia, racism, and misogyny. We provide a welcoming, supportive, and safe space for ALL LGBTQIA individuals, allies, and organizations residing in the Greater New Orleans Area and neighboring Parishes.
Our vision is for LGBTQIA communities in the Greater New Orleans Area and neighboring Parishes to be equitable and empowered, with access to comprehensive resources.
Our Values guide us towards our vision.
- Nothing About Us Without Us– Community-based leadership development that incorporates allies into the process. Utilizing first person expertise and needs assessment as a powerful resource is essential to total community liberation.
- Intersectionality is our framework– Systemic discrimination cannot be addressed on an individual basis because it is a multifaceted and interconnected problem. We will take an intersectional approach to addressing community demands in order to ensure a fully empowered and liberated community.
- It Takes a Village– Our village is made up of a varied variety of ages. We cherish each individual for the unique viewpoint they contribute to our community. Elders are the foundation of our community; they laid the groundwork for where we are now. The Middles are setting the basis for our future while honoring our forefathers. Our community’s future lies in the hands of its youth, and it is for them that we are fighting to create a brighter future.
- Accessibility – Accessibility entails taking into account and removing obstacles to inclusion. We are committed to providing equal access to our community gathering area for persons of all abilities, ages, and genders.
- Preserve The legacy – The LGBTQIA community has a history that is sometimes overlooked. We will continue to work hard to make these rich histories available to future generations.
- Acknowledge Everyone’s contribution – We shall foster teamwork and cooperation, beginning with an acknowledgement of each individual’s effort.
- Never Stop Learning- We strongly believe in constructive criticism. We are committed to continuous learning in order to support development, safety, and community-focused goals.